How do I get started?
- Log into OSCPA Bridge™ at bridge.orcpa.org. Update your profile and photo by clicking My Account in the left menu bar, then selecting My Profile.
- View groups you're in by clicking My Group Pages from the left menu bar, then selecting My Groups.
- Join new Groups by clicking My Group Pages from the left menu bar, then selecting Find Groups to Join.
- Start a discussion by clicking Post New Discussion from the Discussions tab of any group.
- Reply to a discussion by clicking Reply from within the discussion online OR by replying to a discussion email notification.
What is my username and password?
Your username and password for OSCPA Bridge™ is the same as your OSCPA website username (your email address) and password. If you don't know your password, visit the Reset Password page and you can request a password reset email be sent to you. If you know your username and password, go to the Bridge™ Login page and click the Website Login button. You will be redirected back to Bridge™ after logging into the OSCPA website.
How do I join a group?
From My Group Pages in the left menu bar, select Find Groups to Join.
How do I start a new discussion in a group?
New discussions can be started by clicking Post New Discussion from the Discussions tab of any group on bridge.orcpa.org, or from any notification email received from that group.
How do I reply to a group discussion?
To reply to a group discussion, you can reply to the email notification you received by choosing the Reply to Group button and your reply will be emailed out to all group members and posted to the website. You can also reply to the discussion via the website by clicking on the discussion topic and clicking the Reply button.
Who can see what I post to a group?
Only members of the group can see your posts. Most groups, including the Open Forum, are accessible to OSCPA members only. Committee groups are accessible only to those individuals on the committee.
How do I search group discussion history?
You can search all discussion topics within your groups. The search bar can be found at the top of your Bridge™ home page or from Search in the left menu bar.
How do I unsubscribe from group email notification, or from a group entirely?
From the My Group Pages in the left menu bar, select My Groups and choose your group from the list.
- To change the frequency of emails your receive, or to unsubscribe from emails for this group, click the Emails button and choose either Manage My Notifications or Stop All Emails. Stop All Emails will stop emails for just this particular group, while Manage My Notifications will allow you to adjust notifications for all your groups. Those settings can be different for each group.
- To remove yourself from a group, once you have selected the group, click the Remove Me button. Please note that some groups, such as Committee groups, Chapter groups, and the Open Forum do not allow you to remove yourself, and the Remove Me button may be grayed out or not present.
How do I change the frequency of email notifications I receive for group discussions?
From My Account in the left menu bar, select My Profile. Click the Update Profile button, and from the Notifications tab, scroll down to the Group Specific Emails section and choose between Immediate, Daily, Weekly, and No Emails for each group.
How do I add or change my profile picture?
From My Account in the left menu bar, select My Profile. Click the green circle icon in the top right corner of your photo or photo placeholder, and select a new image to upload.
How do I access the Bridge™ website?
Many of the links in the notification emails will automatically log you onto the Bridge website. To access the site directly, type bridge.orcpa.org in the web address bar of your web browser.
Do I have to use Bridge™ on the website or can I just use email?
Once you have joined a group, the system can be used entirely via email if desired. You can send your messages to the group email address and reply via email to any notifications you receive. The website offers many features that are not available via email. Here are a few of the most popular features that must be accessed via the website:
- Searchable archives of all group discussions
- Update your profile and/or upload a photo to be associated with your profile
- Privately message another member
- Joining groups
Why am I receiving some notifications but not others?
First check your email notification settings for each group (see above: "How do I change the frequency of email notifications I receive for group discussions?"). If your settings are such that you should be receiving notifications, your anti-SPAM system may be blocking some of the messages. Add "@bridge.orcpa.org" to your list of "safe senders" to ensure you receive all notifications. This setting is different for each email system, so check your email system help for information on how to do this.
Do I need to follow certain etiquette when using OSCPA Bridge™?
Yes, please review the etiquette page.
How can I find a member's email address?
For privacy reasons, you are not able to view the email address of any members. However, you can send a private message to any member without knowing their email address. See the note below about sending private messages.
How can I send a private message to an individual?
Go to the profile page of the person you want to message by clicking their name in any Group, notification email, or in the Member Directory. Then click the Message button, enter your message and click Send. You can view your private messages under My Account from the left menu bar, then selecting, My Messages.
You can also send a message to one or more individuals by selecting My Account from the left menu bar, choosing My Messages and then clicking the Compose Message button. To select the individual(s) to send the message to, begin typing their name under Enter people to message, and select them from from the list that appears.
I can't find the answer to my question. What do I do?
If you need help and can't find the answer here, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.