OREGON SOCIETY OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS
EGroup RULES & GUIDELINES
Thank you for being part of the Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA) EGroup discussion lists (the “Service”). To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for use and participation.
By joining and using the Service, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules and guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services division at email@example.com. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in the Service for anyone who violates these rules.
1. Participants are encouraged to use the Service for professional and informational purposes to benefit their practice. The OSCPA
will not editorially control postings; however, the OSCPA reserves the right to delete any messages that, in its sole discretion, are
inappropriate for the group, or violate these rules and guidelines.
2. When posting a message, include your name and affiliation.
3. To cut down on unnecessary messages, please do not send replies such as “thank you for the information” to the entire group.
Instead, reply to the sender. Also, before replying to a question posted on the Service, please review all responses in case the
question has already been answered by another group member.
4. Do not post commercial messages - this includes, but is not limited to, job openings/opportunities, firm/business acquisitions, and
CPE or other educational programs not affiliated with the OSCPA. If you have a service or product that you believe someone may
be interested in, contact them directly via private email or other means. Do feel free, nonetheless, to discuss specific products or
services; just remember that your comments are made in the public domain. As such, you are responsible for your comments just
as if this were a live discussion or a printed publication.
5. When discussing matters that may involve clients, members should be cautious not to disclose any client information that may go
beyond what is available to the public (i.e., confidential client information) or that the client has agreed may be disclosed. This
would apply even in cases where the client’s name is not specifically mentioned. Disclosure of confidential client information
without a client's consent would be in violation of Rule 301, Confidential Client Information, of the AICPA Code of Professional
6. Discussion of fees is prohibited.
7. This is a discussion area, where opinions and differences of opinion are welcome. However, challenging or attacking others is not
8. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other
material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants
and represents that it owns the copyright or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party
grants the OSCPA and users of the Service the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit,
print and use such information or other material.
9. The OSCPA does not regularly monitor the Service, but does monitor the Open Forum section of the Service. Participants who
suspect that unauthorized or illegal activity is occurring in an OSCPA forum are recommended to report such activity to the
OSCPA Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-641-7200 / 1-800-255-1470, ext. 16.
10. We will investigate any complaints of possible policy violations that come to our attention and take any action that we believe is
appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing content and terminating participation.
Any views or opinions presented in the postings are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the OSCPA. In no event shall the OSCPA be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or information posted by members. You hereby release and waive any and all claims and or liability against the OSCPA arising from or in connection with your use of the Service. You also agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the OSCPA from and against any and all claims or liability, including costs and attorneys fees, arising from or in connection with your use of the Service or any postings by you, on the site or your failure to abide by applicable law.